1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help! Toro ZTR or Kubota garden tractor?

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by chelseasf, May 1, 2002.

1. chelseasf

chelseasf LawnSite Member

I have about 4 acres to mow, sort of hilly with some trees.

I was looking at a Kubota TG1860, which is 18hp and a 54" deck.

But would something like a Toro Timecutter Z-mower be better for my needs?

The only downside I can see to the Toro is that the Kubota would be able to handle snowplowing, if I decide to do that.

2. Catcher

Catcher LawnSite Member

Hi there,
    if you're considering doing a lot with attachments like rototilling etc. you may be better served going with a nice tractor.
    If the most of your work is going to be mowing, why not try a ZTR with a 'front-mounted' deck? This would allow you to attach a blade or snow-blower to the unit as well.
    Woods and Grasshopper make some nice models, the decks flip up for easy cleaning and servicing. They are also a bit better constructed than the Toro, featuring heavier gauge material which is welded together instead of the stamped out design of the timecutter.
    I used to mow 3 acres with a tractor, took me about 4 hours with pushmowing etc, now I do it all in an hour flat and someone else bought my pushmower. It looks a lot nicer when you're done cutting too.

3. ple_1969

ple_1969 LawnSite Member

CHE...

It looks like that you are in NJ. I live in Clinton Township and have been looking for a dealer to demo the Fastrak. Where in NJ are they selling this? Please let me know!

Thanks,
    Pete