• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Help wanted

phasthound

LawnSite Fanatic

Harringtons Organic Land Care
, Neighbor

Windsor, CT|20h
Seasonal Help to Assist in Organic Lawn Care
Seasonal Help to Assist in Organic Lawn Care

Seasonal employees assist the staff with organic lawn care applications, and new lawn installations. Open immediately!

Duties include application of organic lawn products, using heavy machinery to spread and plant seed and compost and perform other duties as required. Additional duties may include feeding worms, dropping and sorting compost, making extract compost tea,
The ideal candidate would have interest, experience and/or course work in one or more of the following; soil science, microbiology and environmental science. Landscape work and love of the outdoors a plus.
Must possess and maintain adequate physical strength and stamina to perform the duties. Must have proof of valid driver’s license.
6-8 weeks open immediately 35 hours per week, Monday - Friday, 8:00 am- 3:30 pm (hours flexible). Additional early morning and/or late night hours required when performing fieldwork. $15.00 to $18.00 per hour.
Please submit to sales@harringtonsorganic.com. Any inquiries regarding the status of your application for these positions must be made directly to Robin Lindsey (860)-243-8733.
Harrington’s Organic Land Care, LLC is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Pay seems OK to me. Around here you start guys around $8-9 per hour for mowing. For Apps maybe an extra buck or two. But the minimum wage here is only $7.25 so there’s that

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
Minimum skills required, jobs for felons, not very difficult etc. Also, we have a very low cost of living around here.

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I don’t have employees anymore, sold my lawn biz. But I would bump them up to $10-11 after 90 days. Then a little more from there If performance was good.

rclawn

LawnSite Bronze Member
I never did. They would rather earn the extra $ per hour I would think. Lawn jockeys don’t really care about that sort of thing