1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

help! which blades?

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by midlandlawncare, Jul 21, 2005.

1. midlandlawncare

midlandlawncare LawnSite Member

I have recently bought a new 52 inch 24 horse hustler mini z, problem is , it only
    cuts sodded yards nice, with all the rain ,i'm talking every day for 3 weeks, literally .., the grasses that are not perfect like say with some crabgrass, or sedge , it clumps horribly , I have tried waiting til noon to cut the yards because of all the morning dew , but then the afternoon storms hit. This mower only will cut bone dry grass , otherwise it clumps , even if ran over 2 or three times , will high lifts resolve this ? And yes i run the blades at full throttle, I don't want to take my exmark off the trailer to finish the jobs, funny thing is, it has standard high lift blades , that have been sharpened at least five times , and it has to be REALLY wet to clump like this.Please , any help is appreciated , i love this mower otherwise , but right now is has done nothing but put me behind. thanks, :help:

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

E-mail me your information along with your dealer's and your mower's model and serial #, our customer service guys will get with your dealer and make sure your taken care of.

Pj