1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help Which Small Zero Turn

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by woywoymower, Apr 8, 2008.

1. woywoymower

woywoymower LawnSite Member

Can i get some feedback on small zero turns please,and is the Cub Z Wing collapsible wing any good.Thanks

2. accuratelawn

accuratelawn LawnSite Senior Member

I have used an Exmark hp for several years, great mower. Buddy of mine had the Cub wing mower. Very unstable mower with the narrow wheelbase. He sold it and purchased a Stander.

3. GrassmasterB

GrassmasterB LawnSite Member
    from Florida

how small are talking about? i have a 2006 36'' hustler mini z (now called fastrack super duty). its reasonably fast at 8mph, leaves a nice cut, and its fit thru every gate i've come across. the real downside to the small z's are hills. they will not hold a hill. the width from tire to tire is too narrow. and if your mowing near water on a slope you need to stay a few feet away from the water because if you loose traction you're going for a ride.

4. BanvilleLawnCare

BanvilleLawnCare LawnSite Member

I have the exact same mower as GrassmasterB, and I agree with him 100%. It is relatively quick for a little mower and leaves a nice cut. However, it is a little sketchy on hills.