1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with choice.

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawncare3, Apr 15, 2003.

1. lawncare3

lawncare3 LawnSite Bronze Member

I am LOOKING not buying just yet but, I am wondering would the ECHO 210 trimmer be good or the STIHL fs80 be better.

Thanks in advance,

Chris

2. owman

owman LawnSite Member
    from so. Il

Forget them both, go with a Redmax. A good light straight shaft would be a BC225, good power and sells for about $259

3. fox

fox LawnSite Member
    from MN

redmax and echo are both dependable units, have owned stihl whips, with not much luck, but they have great chainsaws.

4. KerryB

KerryB LawnSite Senior Member

I have 2 FS 85 Stihls. Love them.

5. Bouncer

Bouncer LawnSite Member

Although performance is important, also look for comfort and fit! You're going to spend a lot of time with this piece of machinery in your hands! Go to your dealer, try one out, check for weight, starting ease, and comfort! I have used both brands and prefer the Echo's over Stihl although no problems out of either.:angel:

6. GrassMaster84

GrassMaster84 LawnSite Member

Steer youself toward a STIHL.

Go ahead and get the FS85, a very well engineered piece of equipment.

Around here they go for $299.00 + tax.:)

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

Stihl FS 85 RT.

8. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

I personally have not used an ECHO, but I have used Stihl's. And compared to other brands, for example;Shindawia, I love Stihls. Even though my employees feel that they run harder and give you the shakes (the hand shakes: you know, when you are sitting there and your hand just shakes non-stop) compared to Shindawia.

9. lawnagent

lawnagent LawnSite Senior Member

I also like both Stihl and Echo but prefer the Echo. If you by echo, DO NOT GET A 210. Get a 240 or 260s. Nothing wrong with a 210 but the 240 and 260s have unbeleivably more power and comfort for very little more money.

10. Green Pastures

Green Pastures LawnSite Silver Member

Agree........