1. Site Upgrade Planned for Next Week!

LawnSite community,

As you know, we continually look for ways to enhance your experience on LawnSite and always try to make the site better, with more enhanced features and capabilities, and improved navigation so you can easily find the information that you’re looking for. So, the time has come for another software/site upgrade to a newer version of our platform. Once the upgrade is complete, we’re planning on making additional changes that will significantly improve upon your experience on LawnSite.

The upgrade is planned for early next week, with additional features being rolled out in the weeks and months ahead. As always, we welcome your feedback and look forward to hearing your thoughts.
    Dismiss Notice

Help with diseased(?) sod

Discussion in 'Homeowner Assistance Forum' started by Paul-B, Jun 8, 2020.

1. Paul-B

Paul-B LawnSite Member
    from USA

Hi all, first time homeowner, been doing a lot of lurking over the last couple months and learning a lot from you fine folks. Hopeful for some help identifying what is going on with a patch of sod in my backyard.

Youll see this problem is occurring at the edge of this sod, and it's mostly still dirt on the other side. The contractor who built the neighborhood didn't do a great job of seeding, but here we are.

[​IMG]

Note that the left of the image is uphill. It almost looks like some kind of ground water doing this damage. The septic is nearby (but the drain field is nowhere close) and I'm concerned about a sewage leak. But I hoped to get thoughts and opinions from you guys first.

2. takervader

takervader LawnSite Senior Member
    from Alabama

Well I'd just say to push the grass with fertilizer and top dress some of these weak spots with compost.

3. OP
    OP
    Paul-B

Paul-B LawnSite Member
    from USA

It's been treated with Pennington Weed & Feed (if you click thru to the higher res photo, you can see some of the granules if you look closely at the top spot). The rest of the sod both here and in my front yard has improved markedly since the treatment. It was present before the treatment, wanted to see if that would help, but the spots have only grown since then, and the immediate surrounding area is not doing as well as the other parts of my yard.

I'm down to try it though, if you think another focused treatment to this area might help?