Help with Estimate for Hauling Fill

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by farmboy52787, Nov 29, 2007.

1. farmboy52787

farmboy52787 LawnSite Member

Have a customer who wants 3 holes filled in where there used to be tree stumps that were removed a few years ago. Figure it will take about 3 yards of unscreened loam and i can get it for $7 a yard. Would be hauling it with a dump trailer 15 miles to site to dump a yard in each hole and level out. I have no idea what to charge since I just do lawn maintenance, so if anyone can give me a rough estimate of what to charge that would be great.

Thanks

2. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

so pretty much the only labor you have to do is spread out the dirt? no hauling it by hand, you just have to drive up, dump and move to the next one?

3. farmboy52787

Yes that is correct

4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

how many yards of soil can you fit in your dump? in other words do you have to make a 2nd trip.

5. farmboy52787

I will only need to make one trip.

6. Pietro

Pietro LawnSite Senior Member

How much is your time worth? I wouldnt go out there for less than 100$ in my pocket, and thats after gas and supplies.....lunch too lol. So Figure......charge her like $175-200...........maybe more if ya want. Id try to sell her some sod on top of it as well. I charge 85cents a sq foot.