• LawnSite Homepage Upgrade

Hello again LawnSite community,

I wanted to post a quick note to let you know that the homepage of LawnSite will experience a major upgrade later this week. We’re always looking for ways to improve our users’ experience on the site, and felt that this upgrade was needed and long overdue..

With this upgrade, you’ll now see the top trending posts as soon as you visit LawnSite, and these will be updated throughout the day. You can also easily access videos and photos. As always, we encourage you to include videos and photos in your own posts to share with your fellow LawnSite users.

Be assured that all of the forums, content and data that you’ve been accustomed to will remain intact, as will all current site features. You’ll also be able to easily access the full list of forums directly from our new homepage.

We’re excited to bring you this change, and look forward to hearing your feedback.

Thanks, LawnSite Team

help with estimate please

Bumblebee the mower

LawnSite Member
I mowed a few years ago(2009) and have not bid a yard since then. I got into it working with my son. I want to start again and just got the first call so help me please.
One acre with house on it. Only concrete to edge is driveway. No sidewalk in front. A small playground area for kids to charge in back. Weedeating under a new fence with no other obstacles. There is also a pool and the house is across the street and two doors down. I'm guessing 45-50 dollars. Critique me. Thank you

I mowed a few years ago(2009) and have not bid a yard since then. I got into it working with my son. I want to start again and just got the first call so help me please.
One acre with house on it. Only concrete to edge is driveway. No sidewalk in front. A small playground area for kids to charge in back. Weedeating under a new fence with no other obstacles. There is also a pool and the house is across the street and two doors down. I'm guessing 45-50 dollars. Critique me. Thank you
I would charge no less than $60 for one acre, whether that's an acre of lawn or the entire lot itself, because that's just way too big for $50 imho. Most of my properties have lot sizes ranging from an eighth to a quarter acre, prices ranging from $25-$35. You can bid whatever you want but that's just my 2 cents.

Brucey

LawnSite Senior Member
What mower do you have? If you can knock it out in say 40 mins I would say $50 would be ok for me. Being just across the street is worth a lot to me.

OP
B

Bumblebee the mower

LawnSite Member
I would charge no less than $60 for one acre, whether that's an acre of lawn or the entire lot itself, because that's just way too big for $50 imho. Most of my properties have lot sizes ranging from an eighth to a quarter acre, prices ranging from $25-$35. You can bid whatever you want but that's just my 2 cents.
Thank you I value your opinions !

Chineau

LawnSite Member
what is the maximum you think would be a fair price?
here 60 would be low, travel and tailgate time this one hour minimum.
consider if you build a customer list of low price jobs you will then put a lot of time and effort raising prices, aim to be at the top end of what is fair.
youngandfree's number is more in line.

Jeff@diyokc

LawnSite Senior Member
You will find it difficult to raise prices going this route! Inevitably, people will just look for the next cheapest guy, it’s the way this has evolved.

you need to figure out what it costs you to be in business. And yes, you have overhead. Mowers never last forever, contrary to what some posters in Lawnsite want you to believe.