1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

help with estimating the time to complete...

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by RossP, Sep 24, 2007.

1. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

Im doing a small project for a college class.. im leading a team of a few people to build a really simple small gravel driveway. The dimensions will be 15' x 15'. We'll first lay a thin layer of scalping stone, vibrate it and then throw on some gravel (after we edge the square . Im guessing we should have a good 3" layer and it will take between 4 and 5 yards which well be having delivered and dumped right on the spot.

Could anyone give me a rough time estimate for how long this should take?Thanks a lot in advance!:usflag:

2. RossP

RossP LawnSite Member

buumpp-----------------

3. Captains Landscape

Captains Landscape LawnSite Senior Member

2 hours tops, I would say as long as all the materials and compactor is on site. I would also allocate time that will be spent explaining how you are doing what you are doing to the class. BTW, I would estimate 3-4 if it were a normal client and I had the excavation to do as well.

4. tthomass

tthomass LawnSite Gold Member
    from N. VA

How many people? How much time do you have available? Labs are usually 3-4hrs....plenty of time.