Help with first HOA bid

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Grnt324, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

I had a small Hoa reach out to me for a bid. I have never done an hoa and am a solo operator. I will post the information he sent and please give me any feedback you can, including any questions i should ask, what you think a ballpark bid should be, or if its worth it. Thanks.

Fyi, i currently run part time and have a few midsize commercial accts and about 15 residentials.

2. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

3. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

4. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

Page 3. The part on the side says winterize and activate sprinkler in the spring time

20180109_173112.png

5. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

This is the area to be cut. Underneath there is a small area with a tree that has some mulch bed around it. Total grass is about 8k feet. Theres 200sqft of garden/mulch areas. Only 4 shrubs to be trimmed.

2018-01-09-17-28-11.PNG

6. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

Do you have the time to complete all task in you part time schedule?

Are you licensed to compete all task( weed/ fert and irrigation)?

Don't lower your price to get the bid. As a solo it's better to get your rate then spend your limited time on a under bid account.

ltdlawn likes this.
  7. Grnt324

Grnt324 LawnSite Member

Im licensed on everything but the irrigation but have a friend that does that and was going to get a cost from him. One thing that is odd is the preemergent every month on the shrubs. That is something ive never done.

8. notoriousSTV

notoriousSTV LawnSite Member

As needed? Who will determine if needed. Contract needs to be tightened up. Weekly during growing season and bi weekly slow season?
    Hoa can be good but they will bid it out every year. Make your money if you get it and don't count on keeping it forever. Board member change, budget changes, etc

Rooted, Steve5389, iand and 2 others like this.
  9. BigJlittleC

BigJlittleC LawnSite Silver Member
    from Chicago

You can tell that they just went off old contracts and made up a bid sheet. Monthly pre with bi weekly spraying/ hand pulling is overkill.

Do you personally know the contract for the HOA?

10. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Platinum Member
    Male, from Ark

Things I see to consider or inquire about:

Clipping removal-huge PITA

"Complete monthly Irrigation" what does that mean?