• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

help with grassy weeds

lawnbridge

LawnSite Member
This is my first season of spraying and now I am getting hammered with grassy weeds. Need some feedback on what you guys use. I live in Texas and temp right now is averaging about 75-77 degrees. I have been told to use MSMA when temp is consistently over 80. Help

Shades of Green LService

LawnSite Bronze Member
If your spraying zoysia or bermuda, your not supposed to spray when temps are over 90. The temps you posted are ideal for msma. Also tells you turf tolerance will vary with different zoysia cultivars.

cemars

LawnSite Senior Member
This is my first season of spraying and now I am getting hammered with grassy weeds. Need some feedback on what you guys use. I live in Texas and temp right now is averaging about 75-77 degrees. I have been told to use MSMA when temp is consistently over 80. Help
I hope you already have the MSMA as it is no longer available for sale. Drive or Acclaim Extra are other options.

LawnDawg65

LawnSite Member
If your spraying zoysia or bermuda, your not supposed to spray when temps are over 90. The temps you posted are ideal for msma. Also tells you turf tolerance will vary with different zoysia cultivars.
Wow, don't spray MSMA on bermuda when temps are over 90, to think I have been doing that for 20 years with excellent results, quite the contrary down here - the hotter the better, it's the morning temps that get too cool right now that affect it, I generally won't start using it until mid May. that said when I run out this year I will learn about a few other products.