• Thankful For Your Family…. Business?
    Landscaping businesses are often family endeavors. While this can combine the best of both worlds (personal and professional), it isn’t always smooth sailing. Click here to read more.

Help with hydro problem on Jeere Deere 318

WHIPPLE5.7

LawnSite Senior Member
The first owner and myself have always used the mower deck portion so the inner hydro lever was never used because there was no attachments to run it as the outer one lifts/lowers the deck. I picked up a plow yesterday that requires both levers and noticed the inner one will not move at all. Its like something is locking it in place. I called the dealer and they said because it never got used over the years maybe something corroded inside and just needs some lube to free it up. I don't know about that answer. I don't want to just start tearing it apart when it could be a more simple issue. Anyone got any ideas?

DT Lawn Care

LawnSite Senior Member
Does the hydro make any noise when you push the lever? Normally if it is under strain you can hear a hissing noise. If you don't, then maybe you have no power to that pump, idk. I would inspect your hydro lines and make sure that they're all hooked in and that the pump is receiving power correctly. Post back your results.

FIXDISS

LawnSite Senior Member
I would use a good penetrating lubricant(whatever is your favorite) and spray liberally in the shaft going into the valve body and give it a little time . Depending on the type of control, if the actuator shaft connects to the control linkage externally I would try and remove the linkage at the shaft then see if it would rotate left or right just barely so as to assist in freeing it but not so much to force it but all the while keeping the shaft oriented near it's original position.Just slight movement and soaking with penetrating oil might free it up without completely disassembling the valve. Just my half-fast opinion...