Help with Ignition Switch (Predator 22hp)

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by sevendavid5, Oct 18, 2017.

1. sevendavid5

sevendavid5 LawnSite Member

Apparently my switch completely failed from moisture and corrosion. I can identify power coming in (white wire) but it so corroded the other wires give me nothing. I'm not sure which switch to buy to replace it with. Id prefer to step to a better made switch if possible.

I know the predator is a clone of the honda, so Im thinking a honda 4 wire switch might work?

I also understand if I wire it wrong and accidentally send 12v to the coil it will fry it?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

20171014_163033.jpg

2. BigFish

BigFish LawnSite Platinum Member

Usually will.
    Not familiar with them motors, but most ign switches have more than one circuit in 'em. Ya most always gots a mag ground/kill circuit in addition to the 12v circuit.

Should be able to get a parts list from predator or H F website.

hort101 likes this.
  3. dieselss

dieselss LawnSite Silver Member

That switch looks ok to me.
    Can you clean up the corrosion to ck for power and ground

4. sevendavid5

sevendavid5 LawnSite Member

The switch looks good at its base but it stopped working. I can input 12 volts to it and it does nothing. I chased down all ground and positive leads to no avail, voltage will not go past the switch. It will not output signal to open the fuel solenoid or to the starter relay. I see corrosion weeping between the plastic and crimped metal housing. I am pretty sure that water entered the key-way of the switch and did its damage from there.