1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Help with pricing

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Shastanova, Dec 9, 2005.

1. Shastanova

Shastanova LawnSite Member

Hey guys, i need some ideas on what to charge for trimming. I trimmed up some Palm Trees and some bushes. Do I charge by the hour or do i charge by the bush/tree? :confused:

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

figure a hourly wage with your cost to where you have a profit, tell them a price per job with a dump fee.

3. Shastanova

Well, i dont have to dump the stuff i just set it out at the curb and the garbage guys pick it up. Does $25 an hour sound good, and should i charge different for trees? Like $20 to trim the palm tree since it only takes me 5 minutes to do that?

4. SouthernYankee

SouthernYankee LawnSite Senior Member

How large are the palms? If they are over 15ft, you should be charging a fair amount since they are a pain to trim.

I have set my prices around $25.00 a palm to do a major trimming, if its just a few fonds, I wouldnt charge as much, but if your dealing with 4 plus fonds, I would charge by the palm.

5. Shastanova

I cut off about 12 palm frawns and it was about 13 feet high to where i didnt need a ladder. What u think about the bushes?