• Online Events For Landscapers!
    With GIE+EXPO cancelled, virtual education and product launches are filling up the fall. Check out dates for Caterpillar, Exmark, NALP, and more. Click here to learn more.

Help with Quackgrass

woodbeefarmer

LawnSite Member
I have an infestation of Quackgrass in a lawn of TTTF and also in a separate lawn of a KGB/Rye mix. Is there anything out there that will kill the Quack without killing the grass? About 1/2 acre is affected and I dont want to kill everything with Roundup and start all over. I've looked into Certainty and Gordon's Q4 but Certainty kills fescue and Quack is not listed on the spec sheet for Q4. At $170 gallon I dont want to gamble on the Q4 working without someone telling me it will work. I'm looking for advice. Thanks to all.

kbrashears

LawnSite Senior Member
I have an infestation of Quackgrass in a lawn of TTTF and also in a separate lawn of a KGB/Rye mix. Is there anything out there that will kill the Quack without killing the grass? About 1/2 acre is affected and I dont want to kill everything with Roundup and start all over. I've looked into Certainty and Gordon's Q4 but Certainty kills fescue and Quack is not listed on the spec sheet for Q4. At $170 gallon I dont want to gamble on the Q4 working without someone telling me it will work. I'm looking for advice. Thanks to all.
Fusilade DX

turf hokie

LawnSite Silver Member
Doesnt matter how much the Q4 sells for when it isnt registered for use in NY

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Is it quackgrass? Are there long underground rhizomes with sharp white tips? Crabgrass is more prominent at this time of year. In which case use Drive, (with crop oil).