Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking at a bunton its in pretty good shape and is a 52 inch cut an all that its 750$ what are your alls feelings on buntons? There is a picture on the bottom. I am just starting in this business so i need some help.

Attachments

·
Banned
21,630 Posts
my personal feeling is that if it doesn't have a t-bar then I don't buy it but other than that it looks like a decent machine.
You'll have some problems getting used to the fixed deck but once you do get used to it, you'll likely never buy a float - the fixed deck is lighter, faster, and more accurate. It has less moving parts, less weight and less stuff can break.
still, the mere look of pistol grips makes me gag

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
Is that 14 kawi or 12.5 kawi? seems like a very old machine and it is belt with pistol. Does it has sulky? Have you cut with it?
You ask me would I buy? NO.
You can get a newer nicer machine (hydro) for 2k or less...
The mahcine looks brutal to operate with 90* heat, especially that pistol grip :realmad:

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its a 15 kawi and whats the deal with pistol grips no sulky.CAn you find me a newer nicer machine (hydro) for 2k or less... i am just trying to find a good machine and i am having trouble with it. i was wondering if this was a good one

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well everyone is going to tell you to not get it because of the pistol grips. Dont worry, they are not as bad as everyone says they are. It seems to me that you are looking for a nice mower that will not be used all the time everyday. Well the Bunton is a good mower. It is strong and has a nice cut. Dont worry about the belt drive. I have a belt drive Bunton with Pistol grips and it is a very good mower. Mine is only a 36 inch though. If i were you i would buy it for 750.00 just as long as us were able to test it and make sure that everything is working good and that it cuts to your liking. Remember that if the blades are dull they wont cut very good. Good Luck and i think you will be very happy if you do get it. If you have anymore Q's then feel free to PM me. God Bless!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
yeah, and your arms would be pop-eye sailor man soon. Trying to hold pistol grip like 3 days in a row and you will cry baby for a hydro unit. For about 2k, yes, it is still but that is the beauty of searhing and looking around for opportunity. I had waited patiently for like almost 1 year till I found a super low hour 52" TTHP for sale last year, so don't give up, trust me, hydro is worth waiting for 10 times over belt walk especially that 52" size.

·
Registered
3,553 Posts
MTR said:
Is that 14 kawi or 12.5 kawi? seems like a very old machine and it is belt with pistol. Does it has sulky? Have you cut with it?
You ask me would I buy? NO.
You can get a newer nicer machine (hydro) for 2k or less...
The mahcine looks brutal to operate with 90* heat, especially that pistol grip :realmad:
where in the world can i get a 52" hydro for 2k or less?

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
It looks like a fine mower. I have one of those Buntons thats about 20 years old. I am weary about the price you are going to pay...That is a very old mower! What year is it? They run fine, almost forever. My company started out 14 years ago using on just like it, we Retired it to my yard as it cannot handle the daily rigors of mowing...

As for the pistol grips, they are fine. 90 percent of the mowers have them and have had them for years. That mower is the lightest mower you will come across you will do well with it.

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
PremierLandscaping said:
where in the world can i get a 52" hydro for 2k or less?
That 's why I said, wait patiently for the right opportunity and time, you have to keep looking in ad everyday to know where is the market. It might be a 48" or a quality 36" but the bigger the better as we know. Don't you think it is worth keeping looking and finally you found one that saves you like 3k off MSRP and plus return you profit like 10 times over?
I did, so I keep looking, there ain't gonna be plunging 5k+ for spanking new mower out of dealer showroom and carry interests and payment bulls..t. You have to earn the way you labor on hedges and bushes, no easy stuff. Mexican Jose's lawncare can do and do well, so does an American.
What is up with that?

·
Banned
17 Posts
I say buy it. Thats not a bad price for that machine it looks pretty good. I have seen 2000 Models rusted out before. That machine doesnt look like it was rode hard at all. I say buy it. That is a good deal. I am allways on ebay and you never see a mower like that sell that cheap. That is a pretty good deal. I would Talk the guy down to 650 or 700. If it runs good then do it. Pistol grips arent bad trust me i have 4 scag wb and use them everyday. 3 of my wb are hydro but i do have a 36 belt that is easy to use. If people say that they are hard to use they are wrong.

·
Registered
343 Posts
When we were shopping for a new machine recently we noticed the Husqvarna 36" has the drive set up so the belts are always tight and the levers are only used when turning. Other machines we looked at had the levers set up to be held full time and only released when turning. I would not have a machine that required a stiff grip on the controls at all times. Way to much strain on the arms and wrists.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.