Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i was looking at a used Scag SW4814KA walk behind the dealer said it was about 8 years old and only had home use on it. its going for 1600 and it appears in good shape and runs well. Im just starting in the business and i was wondering if some people thought this would be a good starter. I have a picture but i dont know how to put it on here.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
its a 48 inch scag and the hours are unknown i offered a 1000 cash and they would not take it. they said best deall is 1299 the mower is in really good condition and runs well.

·
Banned
1,420 Posts
sounds like he has already come down $300 right off the bat, stick to your guns. If he can come down 300 that quick he will drop more IMO

-Geoff

·
Registered
949 Posts
Green-Pro said:
sounds like he has already come down $300 right off the bat, stick to your guns. If he can come down 300 that quick he will drop more IMO

-Geoff
If you stick to your guns, you will probably get a phone call in a couple of days telling you how he fought for you against his boss and got it down another $250.00 but not the $299.00 that was the offer. Your choice from there. It is a lot for it's age. Unless it's in excellent condition.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Baseballer1100 said:
so like a week
Yes. The longer he sits on it, the better your offer will look to him. And if he sells it at the higher price, well good for him. Too bad for the poor sap who bought it.
There's always another mower out there waiting for you.

·
Registered
76 Posts
You should save more $ belt drives are slow and 14hp is kind of weak for a 48 inch mower but everyone has to start somewhere. Theres a 48" Bunton gear drive in the Bargain Mart 94 model for $750.00 theres also a 40" for $800.00
There is a 52 too but it only has 12.5 hp $1000 obo.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.