Help with trailer ideas ??

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by MikeysYardCare, Aug 8, 2019.

1. MikeysYardCare

MikeysYardCare LawnSite Member

I bought this trailer for 50 bucks. Wood was rotton so took it apart. Mostly use it for dump runs but thinking of putting a ramp on the back to maybe start putting all my mowing stuff in there also on the mowing days. I only mow Monday and Tuesday (push mower) 10 lawns a day. Then the rest of the days is a little landscape and other type jobs.
    It's a 8x4. Put new flooring in and cant decided if I should put 4x8 wood walls or use these metal gratings I got for free for the sides. What do you guys think?[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Screenshot_20181228-131352_Gallery.jpg Snapchat-1103862180.jpg Snapchat-1779859575.jpg Snapchat-606941932.jpg

2. hort101

hort101 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from S.E. New England

Maybe make the sides removable

JLSLLC and MikeysYardCare like this.
  3. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

I'd sell it for $75.

4. rippinryno

rippinryno LawnSite Bronze Member

I would buy a new trailer. I see lots of jalopy trailers out there, and honestly, for lawn care, if you are using the thing regularly, it's worth having something you won't have to worry about and that you can depend on. That trailer there would go to he scrap yard.

MikeysYardCare likes this.
  5. ggb6259

ggb6259 LawnSite Member

Where's the fun in selling it? I like your thinking. Clean it up turn into something you can use and later on down the road you can sell it for a profit. I could use a dedicated mulch/yard waste/clippings trailer and that's what I'd be doing with it. I have an 8x5 that is one of a few trailers a group of us share and maintain. I use it a bunch. The 2 ft side walls are not near high enough for leaf season. Its an old converted steel frame tilt single snowmobile trailer. Handles a pretty good load.

Ray Emser and MikeysYardCare like this.
  6. Bfish

Bfish LawnSite Member

Stay with wood, easier to add tie-down points or modify for other future uses.

MikeysYardCare likes this.
  7. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes LawnSite Fanatic

The OP has a trailer that is 8 feet wide by 4 feet long?

And ggb6259 has a trailer 8 feet wide by 5 feet long?

Have either of you ever gone to the lumber store and asked where the 4x2s are? 10x2s? 8x4 sheets of plywood?

8. ggb6259

ggb6259 LawnSite Member

In 2019 It all depends on how one identifies... I identify- as 18 years old, 6'2", lean build, dark hair and blue eyes.....

9. Mow-Daddy.com

Mow-Daddy.com LawnSite Fanatic

As long as the frame is solid, I would stay with wood sides and use the mesh frames as a rear gate. Weld on some solid hinges. All set.

MikeysYardCare and hort101 like this.
  10. OP
    OP
    MikeysYardCare

MikeysYardCare LawnSite Member

Lmao you get the jist of it. Still learning buddy relax :)