help with understanding hydraulic breakers- mini skid steer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by AWilsonCreativeServices, Mar 2, 2018.

1. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

Sell it on craigslist or to a rental yard and find something more useful imo. Seriously...get a boulder! Those hydraulic breakers are so loud...

2. stringfellohawk

stringfellohawk LawnSite Senior Member

yeah, unless it's on something, say, 4+ tons, I wouldn't even bother. Use a boulder or a wrecking ball that you can lift and drop.

3. AWilsonCreativeServices

AWilsonCreativeServices LawnSite Senior Member

Ok, I thought y'all were kidding at first, but there is no way I'm going to tote around a boulder large enough to break up concrete and curb& gutter with my mini skid-steer! Do y'all seriously go out to jobs and demo concrete like Fred Flinstone would? Beginning to wonder abt my LS bretheren.... lol

Even if I don't keep the hyd breaker, I hope to use it for a few jobs this year and then sell it if it's not making me any $. We've been quite busy this spring, but I had time to hook up the breaker long enough to determine it needs some new hoses. Hope to get those done this week or next.

4. brichter14

brichter14 LawnSite Senior Member

I’m telling you dude. People hate hydraulic breakers in their neighborhood. Drop a rock a few times and pull it up with pallet forks. You need a boulder that is about the size of a root ball on a bnb tree