Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my scag mower to the dealer for heavy vibration in the deck (52" velocity +). He checked the deck over, found that the middle spindle had some play in it, so he replaced the whole spindle not the bearings because scag wanted to see the defected spindle, he said that there was no debris on the pulleys and the belts looked fine after checking them carefully for bad spots. That I can remember I never hit anything with the mower. Anyway the deck is still vibrating. Got home with it and decided to have blades sharpened and balanced, removed nuts from blade bolts and the middle and discharge side bolts slid right out of the spindles like they were suppose to but the trim side had to be pulled out so I checked the bolt and it was slightly bent. I replaced the bolt with a new one and now it too slides out smoothly and effortlessly, BUT DECK IS STILL VIBRATING, the belt from the PTO clutch to the pulley and spindles is jumping like crazy. Can anyone help?:confused:

· Registered
903 Posts
Is the deck vibrating because of the belt jumping like you say??

If you run the machine forward w/out the pto on and doesn't vibrate it must have to do with how the belt is running or something similar.

· Registered
17,408 Posts
Unfortunately that bent bolts sorta indicates something was hit. Is there a way to check to see if the deck was bent in the area where the spindle is mounted? I guess the idler is free and bearings good in it? Maybe try another belt.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.