Help!

89Ranger

LawnSite Member
Hi, I am trying to start my own business this summer and needed to know about how much to charge for lawns? Also people say to get the hydro deck and some people say not to. what is a hydro deck? Should I get one with it? Any help will be used and greatly appreciated. Thanks

--Jon:confused:

mow2nd

LawnSite Senior Member
how much money do you have to spend? depending on your budget will depend on what equipment you can get. Do your research on equipment. I personally would start out with a 36 in walkbehind that is belt driven. You dont need a Hydro mower.

Most people are charging between $25-$45 per cut

OP

89Ranger

LawnSite Member
I am going to try to get about 5 grand from the bank and also buy a 6'x10' enclosed cargo trailer with a ramp door for 2500.

I don't have any equipment now

mow2nd

LawnSite Senior Member
You must have checked out my website www.mow2nd.com I agree go with that trailer, keeps everything out of the rain, and from theft. the rest may run you around $3,000 if it is NEW, or you can find some used equipment much cheaper. Good Luck

OP

89Ranger

LawnSite Member
mow2nd, how do you get 10-20 new customers each day? If you could please tell me a liitle more about it that would be greatly appreciated. I am very interested in it.
Thanks

mow2nd

LawnSite Senior Member
Sorry, I dont just give away FREE information. I will say, I have looked this site up and down, nobody has a clue.

jsr2741

LawnSite Senior Member
Originally posted by precisioncut
Call around your area and ask other LCO's min prices and add on prices. It will give a good idea and start.
Ditto.

I started with a belt drive and when I bought a hydro I hated to even use the belt drive. The hydro will be more expensive but it's worth it.

mow2nd

LawnSite Senior Member
You can get 10-20 new customers a day, you people just dont use your heads. Everybody is doing the same old thing, be creative, be different, there is a way..........good luck

Top Forums