Henbit Control

erhager

LawnSite Member
How is everyone in OK doing on henbit right now? My lawns with henbit are going pretty slow with Strike 3 and Glypho. Spraying 2.5Gal Per 1000sqft with application rate of 1.1 oz 1000sqft Strike 3 and .5 oz glyphosate per 1000sqft. Dandelions are wilting but hardly any visible sign from the henbit.

VARMIT COMMISSION

LawnSite Senior Member
Henbit is at the end of its life cycle. It generally wont accept a chemical this late in the season. Spray it, tell the customer to mow it and BAM its gone until next fall. You could even add Quicksilver to the mix and it still wont show signs of wilting this late.

OP
E

erhager

LawnSite Member
I just got these lawns so I wasnt able to apply preemergent in the fall. Some are not that bad but several of these new ones havent been cared for in a long time. I did however up the Strike 3 to 1.5 oz per1000sqft.

cgaengineer

LawnSite Fanatic
If you have it now it will persist until late June early July...I feel for you bro!

humble1

LawnSite Silver Member
I always used ester and smoked it
Posted via Mobile Device

fireman gus

LawnSite Senior Member
In our area henbit can be difficult to control. With newer yards I pick up and there is lots of henbit in the yard I put more Gly. than usual. However if you continue to do the yard on a regular basis the fall application will probably take care of the henbit next year. If the client asks just tell them the fall application is the most important for control of henbit.

OP
E

erhager

LawnSite Member
Thanks, that is exactly what I have been telling them. When they ask me about the henbit, I also tell them that after they mow the sprayed areas will clean up