Herbicide at 42 degrees

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by RigglePLC, Nov 8, 2017.

1. RigglePLC

RigglePLC LawnSite Fanatic

I chose dandelions that were about the same size and close together for comparison. I sprayed at 42 degrees. The following week mostly had highs of about 50 F.
    Speedzone was most effective, T-Zone almost as good. A three-way and Surge were still adequate.

SA400108.JPG

SA400109.JPG

SA400110.JPG

SA400111.JPG

jonthepain, ETM and hort101 like this.
  2. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

I use cheap 3way when spraying in Nov, action is pretty slow, but by next spring the weeds are gone.

3. WIgolfsuper

WIgolfsuper LawnSite Member

We were using an Ester when it was cold. Now I have switched to a Triclopyr product for summer weeds and cold weather. We got the price down where we like it buy going with a popular generic. Loving it.

4. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

They told me gly and surfactant should be fine into the 40s. Any experience?

5. WIgolfsuper

WIgolfsuper LawnSite Member

If you are referring to glyphosate? I have used it below 40 but it is very very slow working and many not have the control you are looking for. The quick Kill Round Up will work but you can pretty much make that yourself if you had to. I have added a few things to make gly work faster.

6. whiffyspark

whiffyspark LawnSite Fanatic

Yes. I’m interested. That was straight from site one. I have a site going on 10 days with no noticeable culling