Herbicide sprayer for ground sterilization

Jaredlawn

LawnSite Member
Currently use a permagreen and an ATV sprayer for vegetation control/ sterilization. I also spray pasture/lawns around trees and properties. The Permagreen is nice for drift and rate accuracy, but lacks in width and tank size. ATV is rigged with an F/S manufacturing sprayer. Sloshing in tank and loosing pressure is constantly a problem( considering baffles) along with accuracy. Does anyone make ride on sprayer with no spreader with bigger tanks? Considering making one out of an old permagreen. Any ideas on better ATV sprayers or Homemade sprayers would be appreciated.

That Guy Gary

LawnSite Gold Member
It should be pretty easy to remove the hopper on any ride on and put another tank on it.

Grasshopper has a sprayer attachment with an 11' boom and shrouded nozzles for their tractors that looks great but that's an expensive setup I imagine.

RigglePLC

LawnSite Fanatic
Eleven feet should be wide enough--but you can put two broadcast boomless nozzles on your Permagreen; angle out to the side. Take a look at Mr Efficiency's post. He recalibrated to get 6000 sqft per gallon--so that is 72,000 sqft per 12 gal tank.

There must be a way to get a bigger tank in that space--maybe a tank that was taller, deeper, or wider.

Also somebody must make a tank that would fit in the hopper of a Permagreen Magnum.
Open the spreader up to maximum--run the hoses through the holes. Outflow and return/agitation. You need some valves down underneath. Might need some plastic or steel shelf brackets inside the hopper to stabilize the extra tank. Make it easy to remove so that you can use the fertilizer hopper in the usual way next week.

greendoctor

LawnSite Fanatic
Currently use a permagreen and an ATV sprayer for vegetation control/ sterilization. I also spray pasture/lawns around trees and properties. The Permagreen is nice for drift and rate accuracy, but lacks in width and tank size. ATV is rigged with an F/S manufacturing sprayer. Sloshing in tank and loosing pressure is constantly a problem( considering baffles) along with accuracy. Does anyone make ride on sprayer with no spreader with bigger tanks? Considering making one out of an old permagreen. Any ideas on better ATV sprayers or Homemade sprayers would be appreciated.
What are you spraying for ground sterilization? My sprayers for that kind of work involve gas engines and strong return flow agitation as well as the capability to apply 1 gallon of material per K

Mudly

LawnSite Senior Member
Eleven feet should be wide enough--but you can put two broadcast boomless nozzles on your Permagreen; angle out to the side. Take a look at Mr Efficiency's post. He recalibrated to get 6000 sqft per gallon--so that is 72,000 sqft per 12 gal tank.

There must be a way to get a bigger tank in that space--maybe a tank that was taller, deeper, or wider.

Also somebody must make a tank that would fit in the hopper of a Permagreen Magnum.
Open the spreader up to maximum--run the hoses through the holes. Outflow and return/agitation. You need some valves down underneath. Might need some plastic or steel shelf brackets inside the hopper to stabilize the extra tank. Make it easy to remove so that you can use the fertilizer hopper in the usual way next week.
Do you think it would tip because of the unstable weight in the hopper?

OP
J

Jaredlawn

LawnSite Member
What are you spraying for ground sterilization? My sprayers for that kind of work involve gas engines and strong return flow agitation as well as the capability to apply 1 gallon of material per K
Arsenal power line
Esplanade
Frequency