Here we go again....

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by CTNC, Feb 2, 2014.

1. CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

Well after building and selling a mildly successful business from 2005-2010, and then having the pleasure of working for Ideal Landscaping for 2.5 years...I have made the tough decision to start my own business yet again.

I am in the middle of an acquisition of another company which should give me a nice platform to start from. I am not sure if I am going to keep their name (they have been around for 14 years so I probably will for a while at least). Here is where I am as of right now.

(1) 2013 GMC Sierra 2500HD Duramax Diesel
    (2) 2013 Freedom 7.5x16 Enclosed trailers (one of which is my retired race trailer from last season)

And a bunch of various Stihl, Echo, Little Wonder handheld equipment and parking lot blowers I have left over from my last business.

Obviously I have hopes of growing the business, and feel like I have some pretty good experience under my belt. Here is a picture of one of my trailers with some of the racks I have built. Next are the trimmer racks, then to fill it with new equipment for 2014.

Hopefully this thread will eventually be as informative and helpful, both for myself and everyone else as the Ideal thread was. Here's to a successful 2014 everyone!

IMAG0207.jpg

IMAG0209.jpg

IMAG0208.jpg

hort101 likes this.
  2. OP
    OP
    CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

One more pic I forgot. I also am in the process of building a new facility on our property. Once that's completed I will post that up as well.

IMAG0210.jpg

hort101 likes this.
  3. OP
    OP
    CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

Here is the truck doing its other job...hauling hay off the farm for the cows

1017713_10153519821380355_645629101_n.jpg

Chevy z71 likes this.
  4. A. W. Landscapers  Inc.

A. W. Landscapers Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

Good luck.

I like your Sierra.

5. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

No offense but those devices in the trailer look a little wimpy. Need to get familiar with e track.

6. OP
    OP
    CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

Wimpy? Next time you pass a ruppert, brickman or valleycrest truck, take a look inside. Now I hate corporate landscape, but this is how they rig their trailers...why pay $100 for a sprayer rack? If your referring to the floor mounts...look past that they are for my race bikes not the mowers. Lean and mean brother.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Looks great man welcome back!!

8. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

etrack is used in most commercial use trailers. This is a battle hardened trailer....stuff don't fall down. Granted you have to do a little welding. And if not welder sears has another similar system. We hung blowers in old days when straps and housing took load.

Screenshot_2014-02-02-16-11-55.jpg

Screenshot_2014-02-02-16-12-04.jpg

9. OP
    OP
    CTNC

CTNC LawnSite Member

Thanks for the input. To each his own. I personally would never hang my trimmers like that and the blower cubbies look like a lot of time and money. Once I'm loaded up I will post another picture.
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

Nice truck! What are you planning on running for mowers?