Lawn Care Forum banner

Hey everyone check out Kage Innovation's Wheel Kaddy the longest lasting sulky yet

89K views 127 replies 41 participants last post by  Mark Oomkes 
#1 ·
Here is a link to our website for you to learn all about the Kage Wheel Kaddy. You will see very quickly how adding a Kaddy to your fleet will pay for itself in no time. We will have a video up soon! I will post again when it is live.

http://kageinnovation.com/newpages/kaddy_system.php

#7 ·
I like it, i've seen this in Turf Mag. I did quite a bit of research on sulkies when i ran walk behinds and most of them on the market are just mediocre. I found the pro one swivel castor wheel sulky to be the best since its gets you closer to a true zero turn. This one looks nice, i like the design and seems well built (from the pics). I think if i needed a sulky i would definitely try this one. Can't say if this is the best but i do like the design.

#8 ·
I would really like to get one as I have one guy that hates to ride on a ztrs but tears the hell out of all the sulkies that I have now cause he has some weight to him. Can you pm me when you can.
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
I need to clarify interesting. It looks like a solid platform and has some features that are beneficial to the rider and the quick connect is nice. Two wheeled is the only way to go. They can carry a heavier load without rutting.
Posted via Mobile Device

#16 ·
I do have one question to the op. How long have they made this sulky? You claim to have the longest lasting, how is that possible with ones that have been out for years and still work?
Posted via Mobile Device
Devices are usually put through repetitive motion machines to simulate years of wear and tear under severe operating conditions.:usflag:

#21 ·
Kage is a spin off of a large lawn care outfit in mn. They most likely have been prefecting the sulky with their crews (I believe they employ over 60) over the years. Decent company by the couple employees I have talked to.
Posted via Mobile Device

#22 ·
if it is built like their push box it's 1 solid peace
I wouldn't be surprised if it out last the mower
Posted via Mobile Device

#23 ·
A couple of observations/questions from seeing the website:

1. Nothing is said/shown how to get the hitch off the mower. The quick-disconnect with the splined shaft is shown, but the hitch that goes from the disconnect to the mower is not shown. If it is disconnected, the dongle remains on the mower, which is probably undesirable.
2. Nothing is said about reversing.
3. Nothing is said about being able to make full Z-turns. It appears not to be the case. the wheel assembly will not rotate under the hitch -- at least from what I can see from the pictures. This situation is also part of the reversing question (2) above. A single-wheeled Velke is designed so that the wheel will rotate a complete 360 under the hitch. This enables reversing, with the wheel being pulled backward, and also permits the true Z-turn.
4. It is not entirely clear how the spring works. The words speak about shock between the mower and the sulky. This shock is trivial over against the shock of wheels riding over uneven terrain. The large wheels do look nice, however. But, I wonder the value of the added part of the spring.

For those discussing being "behind the controls," the distinction is between a trailer sulky, and a castered sulky. A trailer has a pin connection, enabling it to rotate about a vertical axis. The wheels on the sulky remain fixed in the plane normal with the axle running across the sulky. The picture with the operator makes it clear that this unit is a trailer sulky.

The castered sulky is firmly fixed to the mower, making the sulky and mower move as unit. There is no pivot point about a vertical like the trailer sulky. The sulky wheels turn on a spindle, each wheel independent. They rotate on a vertical axis, with the wheel itself free to rotate about the spindle a full 360 degrees (unlike the trailer, where the wheel remains at 0 degrees). The castered sulky remains behind the mower, meaning the operator remains "behind the controls" (I believe that was the phrase used earlier).

I have a Bullrider convertible. No, there is no soft top -- not that kind of convertible! Rather, with placement of pins, it can be made into a trailer sulky, or a castered sulky. The switchover is simple, and without tools. In my experience, the castered mode does not work with my 36" Exmark -- sulky drives the mower. The mower is too light, and the footprint is too narrow. By fixing the spindles on the sulky to a stationary position, and pulling one pin, it turns into a trailer. It works great as a trailer. But, like the one is the pictures, it will not permit a full Z-turn. Reversing can only be done very carefully.

#24 ·
This is just like the StepSaver from BOP, the Gravely Sulkys and Jungle Jim Sulkys. It does "trailer" behind the unit but the pivot point is right in front of the standing platform not up on the mounting point of the entire sulky to the mower. If you were to stand pigeon toed on the platform with your toes touching right at the pivot point your toes would always be in the same position regardless of where your heals are at.

With that being said the pivot point is a few inches further than I would like to see. Ideally you would want the pivot point that lets the platform twist/turn to be right at the front of the standing platform. Also the extensive use of washers to provide the adjustment in how far the platform is from the controls concerns me. K.I.S.S. And multiple washers is not that.

I like the idea of a "cushioning" sulky but I find more trouble in the vibration that comes through the handle bars of the mower itself rather than what comes through my legs. Thats why I have knees. :)

Would like to see a mower produced that has some sort of suspension system for the control bars.

#25 ·
I saw these in my mag the other day ! ware can i see them in person ? im in Grand Rapids Mi i have to get 4 new jungle jims due to new mowers im sick of re building them once a year!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.