1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, in the Franchising forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys, help me out with this please!

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Mr.Mow-It-All, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Mr.Mow-It-All

Mr.Mow-It-All LawnSite Senior Member

Take a look at my doorhanger, tell me what you think. I know that they are not real fancy. I put out 500 of them a week ago and got 1 call and landed that account. (paid for the doorhangers) Average size residential $1150 per year.

But I would like a little better rate of call (0.2% not that great) back.

Keep in mind that they are printed on 110lb seafoam green card stock.

this is the front and back.

Attached Files:

2. barny82

barny82 LawnSite Member

I have been in sales for a long time and every time I tell some one that they are getting some thing for FREE that most often puts up a red flag. People don't like things as much if they are free. It takes away the value of things. I use words like Compimentary or no charge, discounted and stuff like that. That way the product stays at the same $$$ value they just think that they are getting a deal. I know it my sound picky. But I have just seen to many people turn off by the FREE gimmick.

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

I agree. Give them a 10% off something, or buy one - get one half off or something, but throwing the word "free" out there DOES bring up scepticism. People start saying "Where's the catch?".