1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hey guys

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by nate2814, Aug 16, 2013.

1. nate2814

nate2814 LawnSite Member

I've posted a time or 2 here but I guess I'm "introducing" myself again. I have decided to do lawn care as a side job in addition to my full time gig at the airport. I'm thinking 10-15 lawns to make a little cash, but mainly to justify buying nice stuff for my own place.
    I demoed a new lazer z e series today and I have to say, I am very impressed. I know the dealer personally and am inclined to buy an exmark, if for no other reason than I know the service will be great.
    I have read many posts on here but would like some advice. I can finance a new mower and make the payments/fuel/basic upkeep-oil, fuel, etc- from my 3 neighbors who all want me to maintain their lawns. I also know of 5 more properties, all roughly an acre that I can now, trim, etc.
    With 0% financing, what are your thoughts on buying new vs buying used? Obviously I know that used has no payment. I guess I'm looking for good reasons not to drop 8 grand over 4 years.
    Thanks in advance

2. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Welcome, Im over in Pell city

3. nate2814

nate2814 LawnSite Member

Tuscaloosa county here

4. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Roll tide!!!!!

5. nate2814

nate2814 LawnSite Member