Lawn Care Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts
was replacing the throttle cable on my sthil 4 mix edger and noticed they have changed the desighn of the cable and guide . much smoother now!
That's what the other guy who posted about them said- the trouble with the smoothness/feathering was in the cable design. What year is the machine you put the new cable on, and did it fit right up with no mods?

mine is a very early one with extremly low hrs. the cable begain to fray. i had to replace the zamma carb anyway so i did the cable also. the new cable has a nylon sleeve over the exposed metal cable and a new cable guide with less of a curve comes in a kit. easy to install. the instructions are pic only-no text! and a side note -the new carb has tamper resistant mixture screws-not a good thing. now i have to shell out for another carb tool

Discussion starter · #46 ·
I'll write up a review in a few weeks.

If there's any truth to the fuel savings of a 4-stroke over a 2-stroke + no longer needing 2-stroke oil (for this trimmer), then this thing has the 'potential' to pay for itself...but I figure it would take me 8+ years though.

Here's a link to Honda's "Lower Operation Costs":

http://powerequipment.honda.com/trimmers/lower-operation-costs

I need to point out that these numbers are based on slightly cheaper gas than we're paying for now...AND this is using Honda's SMALLER 25cc trimmer.

i know my 25cc uses half as much gas as my dad's 323L husqvarna 2 stroke. i don't have to add oil to the gas either.

i trimmed his yard which is 2 1/2 acres with his 323L trimmer once and it used 1/2 of a tank of gas. i used mine once and it only used 1/4 of a tank.

that is a huge amount of savings over time.

i know my 25cc uses half as much gas as my dad's 323L husqvarna 2 stroke. i don't have to add oil to the gas either.

i trimmed his yard which is 2 1/2 acres with his 323L trimmer once and it used 1/2 of a tank of gas. i used mine once and it only used 1/4 of a tank.

that is a huge amount of savings over time.
Sorry but 2 stroke on the out 4 stroke on the way in.
Now if I can get Honda to make me a 4 stroke 100cc 5HP BP Blower I will all set. Or will blower as good as my 580BTS I would get it today.

Hey Ridin' Green, when are you going to review your FS-250R for us? :weightlifter: :drinkup:
Well, we are getting some rain and warmer weather finally, but nothing is growing enough to cut or trim yet. I will post something as soon as I can get a decent chance to use it on something that will actually provide a challenge for it.:D

41 - 50 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.