High cfm leaf blowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Jackson Atkins, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Jackson Atkins

Jackson Atkins LawnSite Member

How much of a difference have high cfm leaf blowers (i.e. br700, redmax 8500) made for you compared to what you used previously

2. Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree LawnSite Gold Member

Hello Jackson and welcome.
    I have been using a redmax 8500 and was previously using a BR600.
    It seems like it has saved time by 15 to 20%

Razorblades and 13Razorbackfan like this.
  3. Jackson Atkins

Thank you,
    Right now I'm using a old bt145 which makes around 450 cfm.
    I think the red Maxx would make a large difference

4. 13Razorbackfan

13Razorbackfan LawnSite Silver Member

Yep...my Husqvarna 580bts even saved tons of time over my 350bts. When doing big leaf jobs the high CFM blowers are the way to go and worth every penny

Razorblades and RDALawns like this.
  5. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

yeah on leaf jobs it's a big plus to have more cfm...but on normal mow and blow jobs you won't notice much of a difference.

6. RDALawns

RDALawns LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Texas

Definitely the big cfm blowers save time. Time is money. So saving time makes you money. We are useing bl9000T

13Razorbackfan and Eric502 like this.
  7. Grass Bass

Grass Bass LawnSite Member

I have a Husky 580BTS (Orange Redmax 8500). Previously my main blower was a BR 600(Still have it and use it. Great blower). The 580 is a huge time saver and will move piles that a 600 will not. The biggest and I feel like no so often noted thing that the CFM monsters are great for is blowing out beds and shrubs you instantly notice how well and quickly a bigger CFM blower cleans out stuck leaves. I would have so much more time spent doing so with my 600 and still wouldn't do as good a job. If you want a beast blower that will handle anything get a Redmax 8500/Husqvarna 580. Or if you have a dealer get the new "King of Blowers" the Maruyama Bl 9000. 1000plus cfm and 200 plus mph with variable tip options.

8. Jackson Atkins

I do have a dealer who carries the bl9000, how is everybody liking them

9. Grass Bass

Grass Bass LawnSite Member

There is two huge dedicated threads on here about them. They seem to be very well liked overall. Ridin Green and some others on that thread would be good to ask. They have been put through their paces with leaf season so there is a good amount of feed back out now as far a performance. We will see how they hold up over time but they come with a 5 year commercial warranty so I wouldn't worry in the slightest and its a Japanese made so again I wouldn't worry

10. Wye Oak Tree

Wye Oak Tree LawnSite Gold Member