1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hired help for clean ups

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by fga, Apr 6, 2004.

1. fga

fga LawnSite Silver Member

I've got the only mexican that can't speak english............. or SPANISH! I finally tried to hire one of these guys to help finish the clean ups before Easter, my luck. He mows pretty good, but there is almost no communication. I don't think he knows how much I'm paying him;) . I don't speak fluent spanish, and I'm sure my dialect isn't perfect, but he looks at me crosseyed every time I talk to him. These past 2 days have been the most boring days of lawncare I've ever had. Maybe he's chinese/mexican.
    I would have finshed the clean ups by myself, but trying to get them done before easter, Is that anyone elses goal, or am I rushing for nothing?

2. Trevors Lawn Care

Trevors Lawn Care LawnSite Bronze Member

Thats one waste of a human being. **** BRICKS. Mine are done with.

3. Four Season's

Four Season's LawnSite Member
    from Maine

I started doing some commercial clean-ups last weekend. I'll be lucky if I start cleaning up my lawns by easter- there're all still soggy. But I do live in Maine..ayuh. I am jealous that you fellas can start so early! I usually finish up clean-ups by the first week of May and start mowing after that.
    by the way fga i love those yankees

4. lawnguyland

lawnguyland LawnSite Bronze Member

I got 18 to go as of now by myself. Anyone having easter at their house that I am aware of has been done (they leave messages like good well trained customers), but don't kill youreself to finish b4 easter. I won't. One more week of clean-ups, etc. after easter then start weekly service the week of the 19th. Grass is still not really growing, which I like. Clean ups in taller grass bite the friggin big one. hooray for baseball season. I wrote eatser by accident before. switch a few letters and ha ha ha...I hope this isn't blasphemy.