Hiring/recruitment sites

Discussion in 'Employment' started by RedSox4Life, Mar 7, 2018.

1. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

craigslist sucks . We all know that. But it’s cheap and every now and then you can get lucky and find a decent employee.

I’d like to know what other sites you guys are using and how your luck Is. going with it.

Indeed.com is the only example I can think of off the top of my head but I’m sure there’s got to be other good ones.

Luis garcia likes this.
  2. Tonset

Tonset LawnSite Senior Member

I found my golf course job a decade ago at http://www.turfnet.com/jobs/. I’m in the process of hiring and CL does suck. Not sure I’ll post, I might put a flyer at local diner to attract locals. I hate when applicants live 80 miles from your shop. Sorry about the link if it’s not allowed just pull the post.

hort101 and JLSLLC like this.
  3. TPendagast

TPendagast LawnSite Fanatic
    Male

Landscapejobs.com

4. danthony

danthony LawnSite Member

How well does Landscapejobs.com work?

5. sailfish27

sailfish27 LawnSite Member

There seems to be a lot of competition for help where I am located. The better ones are on Indeed and quite a few on Craigslist. A couple guys even offering singing bonuses.

How's your ad written? I've noticed some are really well done almost as if they were marketing to customers. Others look as if they spent about 5 minutes writing it.

6. danthony

danthony LawnSite Member

We are on Indeed. Maybe I am too picky but not too excited about some of the Indeed applicants. Some good ones, but others that don't seem to want to work. With Craigslist I ending up with a bunch of phishing emails. I have no desire to go back to CraigsList.

7. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Has anyone tried ZipRecruiter? Indeed has netted me lots of resumes, but still no actual hires. I’ll try ZipRecruiter next I think.