• CA Lessons: Landscaping To Reduce Wildfire Risk
    While there are no ways to fireproof a property, there are strategies to design and maintain landscapes for reduced vulnerability. Click here to learn more.

HISPANIC LABOR

Eric ELM

Husband, Father, Friend, Angel
Elisama: That was very interesting. 6 years ago, we sold our rental house next door to a Mexican family and they are the best possible neighbors we could ever hope for. They consider us family and we feel the same about them. We are invited to all the birthday parties and they come to ours. We mow their lawn and get paid in Tacos. :) She is the best cook and we love Mexican food. We have taught the kids English, they teach us Spanish, so some day I may be able to hire a non English speaking person to work for us. I found your post very interesting and can relate to them being very much family people. Speaking of that, the 2 year old Nina is calling me now to come outside. Adios, hasta la vista (sp) <p>----------<br>&lt;a href=&quot;http://pages.prodigy.net/eric.erickson/&quot;&gt;Eric@ELM&lt;/a&gt;<br>

WorkForce Intl

LawnSite Member
Eric, believe it or not, your family will always be considered part of their extended family. Sometimes I wish that this industry would open its eyes to the need to become more culturally familiar with what is fast becoming its largest segment of its labor force. I see it beginning to happen at conferences, and hope it continues. <br>Thanks for your post Eric. As a Hispanic, as a human being, I appreciate it.<p>Elisama

thelawnguy

LawnSite Silver Member
What a pathetic thread! May as well say, all irish are drunk, all Polish are stupid, all African-Americans like watermelon, on and on. You will find good and bad in all ethnicities. To generalize one in particular, you are doing yourself and others a gross disservice.<p>Bill

WorkForce Intl

LawnSite Member
The remarks made here about people were not mean-spirited in any way. They are positive remarks about a group of people who work hard in this industry. That's not to say that they are the only ones that work hard, but Hispanic labor is among them. It is never wrong, nor pathetic to point out the good in people, whatever their ethnicity.<p>Elisama

Thanks for the replies, all i wanted to know is how everybody likes them and how its working out for others , sounds like its working well. THANKS AGAIN some kind of got offended me asking a question like that didn,t mean to offend anyone but if i did tough **** get a life and get over it. seems like everybody has got there feeling hurt over the dumbest things. whew that feels better. thanks