1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Hit counter

Discussion in 'Digital Marketing' started by StBalor, Mar 7, 2007.

1. StBalor

StBalor LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone have a hit counter code they can give me? I would like a hit counter, in green that only counts unique hits.

2. mdvaden

mdvaden LawnSite Bronze Member

3. Jake Wolf

Jake Wolf LawnSite Member
    from NYC, NY

sitemeter.com for something in green that will count only uniques. google.com/analytics for something invisible, free and full of stats.

4. StBalor

Yeah, i googled it. And even tried a few. But i did not like the way they added links to my site. anyone know of any that you do not have to link to?

5. StBalor

Did some browsing around on my cpanel tonight and found out that my host has already supplied about 30 hit counters. I just choose colors and styles and hit the html button. But it does not have an option for unique hits. Any ideas?

6. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

7. webhost

webhost LawnSite Member

You would be much better off using a stats program. Most hosting accounts come with free stats programs included. It would tell you a lot mire then just your hits. Like where your traffic is coming from.

8. freshfitz

freshfitz LawnSite Member

I would go with google.com/analytics

9. H2O

H2O LawnSite Member
    from MA

>>freshfitz, Thanks for the google.com/analytics/ sugestion.

I signed up a few days ago.
    Just reviewed my info:
    I was not surprised by the "Top 5 Sources", but was very surprised by the "Top 5 Keywords". Some of their keywords i had not considered.

Is anyone familiar with google.analytics?
    1. How important and/or correct is the google/analytics data?
    2. Should there be any concern for having to place their code on a page?

Thanx!

10. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I started using Google and it tell you about hits where they are from ,new and returning I do have a lot of hits from LawnSite and PlowSite