1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Hits On Equipment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MileHigh, Jun 23, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

ooops...I forgot to close one side of my trimmer rack the other day going 60mph down the highway....hit a bump, and my shindyt242 engine side went scraping along the highway...I bout sh!t a brick. The cylynder wasn't where it was supposed to be anymore....So I had to buy a brand freakin new one...this one only had a few months use on it.

Oh and both of my 21" mowers won't start??? replaced spark plugs...don't know what to do next?....Not a small engine mechanic.

What the hell...I guess thats what you get when you cut corners and buy cheaper equipment and then try to use it in a commercial setting.

I guess I just needed to vent a little. I had a very stressful last week, and I'm thinking this and next..with 4th of july coming won't make it any easier.

2. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

IF you survive (it's all up to you) you'll be better for it. Do what you have to do then step back, take a breath and analyze things. You'll be ok as long as you have a persistant attitude. Tony

3. huskres

huskres LawnSite Senior Member

Get a spark tester and make sure your mowers are getting spark, also make sure they have gas!

4. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

my trailer tilts and i didnt latch it down so the first i took it out we hit a bump and the back half dragged on the ground doing 20 mph untill we stoped. when i tried tilting it back it was so damn heavy cause the 48'' and the leafblower were in the way back of the trailer so it took 2 people to tilt it back

5. jrush

jrush LawnSite Member

I have a jungle jim and with a good bump on the trailer the head pops out and falls straight to the pavement! 2 times already this year my string trimmer scraping the ground while I drive, luckily the radio sucks and there was'nt a good song on so I heard it! Oh yeah, and my p.o.s 21 won't start either! Now I'm looking for a 36"...oh ya, and today driving on the highway the rake I had in the jungle jim bent in half with the wind...

6. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

My dad's always yelling at me when I try putting the ztr towards the back of the trailer. I guess he's right. Keep it all the way up front.

7. whoopassonthebluegrass

whoopassonthebluegrass LawnSite Platinum Member

Haha. My wife watched a guy hit some bad RR tracks by my old house (at high speed) and saw his Walker fly into the air and land on its side...

Me, I started out with a little 4x8 trailer with a 21" sideways in the front and a 36" Lesco WB crammed to the trailer tailgate in back. It was an exact fit, so I didn't have to strap it in... or so I thought.

One day, in the middle of an intersection, the entire tailgate falls off and I dump my WB out into the road. I can laugh about it now, as that was a few years ago, but that definitely had been a VERY BAD DAY at the time. :laugh: