1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Ho do you guys get bids?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnworks, Jul 11, 2000.

1. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I am doing about 50 residential and a couple of small commercial accounts, but I think the big money is in the commercial accounts. Do you guys call them, do they call yall, or do yall knock on doors? I am going to do between 20k and 30k this year, but if I can get some yearly commercial accounts I think it will greatly increase my income. <p>Rick Wallace<br>Lawnworks

2. AGG Lawn Maintenance

AGG Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member
    from Elberon

Check in your news paper. Also you can ask for bid spec's on places. Research it!!! Even on the net you can find out about bids.<br>Be very carefull the lowest bid wins in most cases. Try not to bid so you don't make a profit. Good luck!!! Travis AG&G Lawn Maintenance

3. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

Rick..Just ask.....stop in at local factories and ask....they can direst you...but dont give up residential i know a lot will say im crazy but you tend to keep residentials year after year and commercial accounts come and go in a hurry...have a good mix of both...good luck!!!!