1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation about fertilization strategies for success with the experts at Koch Turf & Ornamental in the Fertilizer Application forum.

Dismiss Notice

Holes in the ground???

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by onemancrew, Mar 26, 2003.

1. onemancrew

onemancrew LawnSite Member
    from tn. #7

My niece is have some holes appear in a landscape area. There about 2" in diameter. I told her that i thought they were frogs, sience i"d seen this once last year doing a job. She filled them with water & nothing happened. Now that this has been brought to my attention i'm seeing them in several places?? HELP!!! Moles or what???:blob2:

2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Have you got real wet ground? It's crawdads. That's how this place got it's name. We have a lot of them.
    Only one way to get rid of them. Put little pieces of chewing tobbacco down in the holes. The crawdads will get a hold of it. When they come up to spit, whack 'em with a shovel.
    Crawdad ;)

3. bommaritro

bommaritro LawnSite Member

Ron throws a little bit of chew into crawdads hole and waits for him to come out to spit. Ron thinks to himself this is gonna be one big roast tonight :D :D

All kidding aside not sure what is causing the holes I just could pass up the chance to take a wack at Crawdad.

Ron

4. crawdad

Are you talkin ta me?

5. onemancrew

from tn. #7

No, it's very dry, i'm very sure it's not crawdads. I grew up catching those things all the time.

6. crawdad

Take some pictures of the holes. We'll figure it out.
    Crawdad

7. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I heard aliens were getting bored of the ol' crop dusting. Maybe just something new. :alien:

8. greenman

greenman LawnSite Addict

How deep are the holes? See how far a stick will go in, but then again if they curve then you cant tell anyway. How many holes and how far apart are they? Is this property right near a wooded area?

9. onemancrew

from tn. #7

It is right be the driveway. very busy area. It is some what wooded area. I think there too big for insects.

10. Doogiegh

Doogiegh LawnSite Senior Member

Moles or ground hogs?

Bunnies?

Gary