Holiday Light Express 2016/2017

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by Mowerboy04, Oct 14, 2016.

1. jsilvey

jsilvey LawnSite Member

I'm on the IL side of St Louis and I've never had an issue with the hot glue holding either. I've always put the glue directly on the brick and then placed the socket directly on there. Come Jan it comes right off with nothing left afterwards.

2. OP
    OP
    Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

Like others have mentioned, hot glue works great!! I apply it to the socket and then place no the brick. As long as its cold when you take it down the lights will snap right off and leave no glue.

3. cmturner

cmturner LawnSite Member

Awesome thanks for the info! What about a similar install with Garland? How are you anchoring that to the brick?

4. OP
    OP
    Mowerboy04

Fairly large branch wrap we did on Sunday. Customer leaves lights up year round, so every October we come in and change out the bad sets. This year the squirrels got into them and we replaced all the lights :(

8074.jpeg

5. OP
    OP
    Mowerboy04

On garland i always put anchors in the brick, haven't tried to glue it yet....

6. jsilvey

jsilvey LawnSite Member

Yes, you can anchor into the brick, but if your client's garland isn't too heavy, meaning the "less expensive stuff", then you can hot glue a clip to the brick and then zip tie around the garland to give it a place to hang from. You'd need several to distribute the weight, but this is an alternative way.

7. OP
    OP
    Mowerboy04

Rocking and rolling this past weekend. Got 6 smaller jobs done Saturday and 2 big jobs on Sunday!! 7 more jobs and we should be done for the season!!

multi wrap instal.jpg molly mason.jpg dillon in a tree.jpg

8. WifiColorGuy

WifiColorGuy LawnSite Member

Hey we just did some installs around MI too! color changing app controlled. love the way they popped off.

Do you find yourself in more situations where the customer says exactly what they would like or do they set a price and say have fun?

9. OP
    OP
    Mowerboy04

Thats neat the way they change colors like that. Ive never had a customer ask for something like that. Is that rocky's in northville?

10. WifiColorGuy

WifiColorGuy LawnSite Member

Thanks! it tends to be a bit flashy when cranked up full, so usually we've got to convince people that it won't turn their place into a nightclub lol. allows the customers to pick whatever color pattern they want. so the hope is to do some jobs like this and then have the customers keep lights up all year and maybe plug in red/white/blue for 4th of july, halloween etc.

Yep that's Rocky's in Northville. looks pretty good in such a dark area