1. Complete Our Survey For A Chance To Win A $50 Amazon Gift Card
    We’d like to know your thoughts about LawnSite, and how we can make our community a more useful resource for your lawn care and landscaping needs. Please click here to take the survey, which should only take five minutes to complete. One winner will be chosen at random to win a $50 Amazon gift card.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday Lighting

Discussion in 'Christmas Trees & Seasonal' started by smarino21, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Green Boys LawnCare

Green Boys LawnCare LawnSite Member

Do you have their web address? Thanks

2. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

try sayitwithlights.com
    or
    briteideas.com

3. nelbuts

nelbuts LawnSite Bronze Member
    from SW, FL

Ok guys since I have been a member here for what seems like forever I feel I should give you some information. I do this Christmas light thing for fun. Don't sell anything and don't install anywhere except my house. Last year I had a few lights. Close to 200,000 and most are computere controlled and synced to music. Been doing this for several years.

Now for the good part. www.actionlighting.com take a look around and compare their prices. They have great quality and fantastic service. Plus the prices are better than anything I have seen quoted. Now I guess if you think I am not quite sure what I am talking about then that is ok. You can visit my website and look around. It is www.ridgeharborchristmas.com contact me through the website if you have any questions.

Oh and just so you know I am a certified pest control operator in FL and own my own pest control and grounds maintenance company. The lights are just my attempt to make a bunch of people happy.

Look forward to hearing from you all.

4. mverick

mverick LawnSite Senior Member

I've done it. I make them buy the lights and when I take them down I roll them back up and use zip ties. Usually the owners don't want them back. I also tell them if a light goes out and I have to go through a strand to find it they had better just let me buy another strand. LOL

5. (wi) Roots

(wi) Roots LawnSite Member
    from 9

Place them up new or customers own. Storage for free! retain customers 85%. Year in the Christmas lighting going on 12yrs. Started Lawn Care business with Christmas Lighting helped pay for fall income thru spring the following year. What a way to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. NightScenes

NightScenes LawnSite Silver Member
    Male, from Kingsland, Texas

It's almost time to order lights for this year!! Where is the time going?

7. wurkn with amish

wurkn with amish LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I almost put my first order in april, just didn't have $20k at the time. I'll probally order in July @ their trade show.

8. evergreen_lawncare

evergreen_lawncare LawnSite Member

I did lights for the first time last year. Didnt do too much advertising. Hung some flyers and put an ad in the local paper. Profited around $6,000 for about 4 weekends worth of work (two weekends to put up, two weekends to take down, and take downs are much quicker). After last year we are really going to push it this year with extensive advertising and see how well that pays off. It was just me and one other guy last winter and hope to have a couple crews out this winter.

9. CharlotteOutdoorImpact

CharlotteOutdoorImpact LawnSite Senior Member

evergreen, How did you charge?

did you use there lights or did they buy new ones from you?

Did you get any how to books? or get training materials from anywhere?

Thanks

10. Dhouse

Dhouse LawnSite Member

When do you start advertising for holiday lights?