1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Holy crap...I fixed my old Dixion 428 today!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PEVO, Mar 2, 2008.

1. PEVO

PEVO LawnSite Member

I say holy crap not because i managed to get that nightmare looking gaggle of shafts, sprockets, chains, & springs on this cone drive system going again. If you own/ed one of these way-outdated cone drive mowers...you learn quickly how they tick & how to work on em'. No the reason for my awing is "Why i didn't dump this mower years ago"!!! Now that i drove it again for the fisrt time since a year has gone by,....i can't Fantom ever going back to it after upgrading to a Hustler Super-Z last year!!! I guess Ignorance is Bliss. Oh well i guess if i had to choose between a regular SLOOOW lawn tractor/mower & this old Dixion i'd still go with the Dixion. But boy that Dixion sure brings you back down a few notches & appreciate the types of commercial ztrs we have now!!!

2. lifetree

lifetree LawnSite Fanatic

You should check out the new Dixon commercial ZTR's ... those old cone drives were a nightmare !!

3. PearceLawn

PearceLawn LawnSite Senior Member

Even Dixon has come a long way. Comparing the old Dixon to a new Hustler is like comparing a Model T to a new 'Vette. One hell of a difference!!