Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am just putting everything together now. So far I have 2 trimmers, 3 handheld blowers, 1 backpack, 2 handheld sprayers, 2 60" turf tracers, 1 permagreen, and various hand tools. I dont have a truck yet, or a trailer because Im waiting for more checks from the army to come in. So far Im into it about $7500 +/-. I am buying all equipment with my own money, no loans. Granted, I am not starting until the 2011 season but wow! The good thing is, I will be getting a monthly disability check from the army and I will also be getting paid for going to school. I still have so much to get though (the legal stuff). I really hope its the right choice, instead of just going back to work for someone elses lawn care company. I have years (too many) of experience, so large companies pay me well, but I dont want to work for someone else ever again.

· Registered
1,660 Posts
Pay cash for everything....that's my motto....sounds like you are getting off on the right foot.....Good Luck!

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your disability won't effect your ability to mow and trim? It's tough work.
not too bad, Im still doing physical therapy and as soon as my knee and back are strong enough, Ill be back to normal. Well, as normal as I could ever be.

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Plus I know the work, been doing it for lots of years.

· Registered
1,216 Posts
why do you need four blowers? good luck in 2011!

· Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
why do you need four blowers? good luck in 2011!
The only reason I have 3 handhelds is because 2 came in a lot of stihl equipment. A few days later I found another stihl bg 85c at a pawn shop and the guy had no idea what it was worth so I got it for 25 bucks. I figured I would use the best out of the two and use the other for back up parts.

· Registered
112 Posts
Sound like you got a giid deal. Only thing i hate about Garage sales and pawn shops is if th items are hot. Think you could start this year good luck in 11'. youll be ready

· Registered
20 Posts
Wow you sound like me. I retired back in June 2009 after 25 years US Army. My wife started the business almost 5 years ago while I was in Iraq. We now service over 400 homes a week. We buy all used trucks, most of our ZTR's are used and come from a shop we work with in town. We buy all new small equipement and operate small 6 x 10 trailers. We use DA 2062's to keep track of equipement the the crews sign for (this makes them keep track of what they have). We assign equipement to a truck and it does not get moved for any reason without my approval. Well best of luck.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.