Home advisor..?

Discussion in 'Lawn Care Business Management' started by Miller5862, Jun 29, 2018.

1. JLSLLC

JLSLLC LawnSite Fanatic

They still call me from last post, and it’s definitely a bar or a rowdy office

Edit: the area code they call from is well over an hour from my location

2. R&ROutdoorservicesofMI123

R&ROutdoorservicesofMI123 LawnSite Member

I tried it once and I hated it. the guy that i was dealing with was nice I just hated it because they wanted so much information they would not stop calling and emailing me. then they wanted to charge me $50 a month to advertise for me and for an extra $5 they would boost it (what ever that means). I got fed up with all the emails and calls and I said said hey your a really nice guy but I am no longer interested in it and they quit calling me and emailing me .

3. TCSGuy

TCSGuy LawnSite Member

I got a call out of the blue the other day from a local area code. Guy leaves a message saying that he needs an “HVAC” service company and to please call him back. He leaves me a number on the VM that is in New York... I’m thinking it is some kind of scam, so I call it back after googling... Yup, it’s Homeadvisor... Tokd him I was not interested, don’t call back.

hort101 likes this.
  4. azlandshapes

azlandshapes LawnSite Member

Ive used this company with some success. I did a 30k install. Lead was HA. Recently did a 15k. Lead was HA. You need to answer your phone and be willing to spend a few bucks on shitty leads too. If you set the parameters correctly it can help immensely. Set em poorly and you will spend money on terrible leads.

5. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation LawnSite Platinum Member

I know an electrician who loves HA . He gets a boat load of work from them . But his jobs are $3000 and up . So a $38.00 lead fee is nothing

hort101 likes this.
  6. La Chandler

La Chandler LawnSite Member

Why would you pay for a customer lead you probably would never want in the first place, based on location, size of property, income level, etc? You should be chasing customers, not vice-versa.

7. NormP

NormP LawnSite Member

Reading this thread last night has jinxed me. These guys just called me and I'm on the phone with them as I type this.

I'm not the expert a lot of you guys are but I have to agree that it doesn't make sense to spend money this way to get customers. I'd rather spend it on traditional advertising/marketing methods and have a little more control over the customers I get. The guy on the phone told me $348 for a year.

8. lawn king

lawn king LawnSite Silver Member

I talked to them last week, no thankx! I was under the impression that the leads were 100% ours and their fee was only payable if you retained the client? Cheap skate clients and one shot deals, no thankx. Im glad I read this thread today. Lawn Site to the rescue once again!!!!

Doc8406 likes this.
  9. Catletts Lawn Service

Catletts Lawn Service LawnSite Member

Yep and then pay for the lead you never get it , your right no thanks , I go to the property management company’s that’s who I work for , do pretty good too. And these guys keep calling me I don’t answer or hang up as soon as they say it, they won’t stop.

10. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

see a trend here? you pay and then you pay again. they just want your money. don't give them the time of day.