Home Advisor?

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by Clover Leaf, Feb 10, 2019 at 10:56 AM.

1. Clover Leaf

Clover Leaf LawnSite Member

Anyone have anything on this !!!

2. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

Some love it, some hate it.

Clover Leaf and tdoeizreal like this.
  3. RussellB

RussellB LawnSite Fanatic

Add me to the camp that hates it. I block every number they call on.

Clover Leaf likes this.
  4. jonthepain

jonthepain LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Raleigh

I block them also. Learned the hard way after incessant sales calls.

Clover Leaf likes this.
  5. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

Done it.....lost a lot of money

RUN

Clover Leaf likes this.
  6. Andrew H

Andrew H LawnSite Silver Member

Same here, I kept getting emails from this one guy, I finally responded and told him to quit contacting me and that I would contact him if I was ever interested, may or may not have added some words that aren’t allowed on lawnsite too, they mailed be back, and he’s in the junk folder now...

Home advisor is like this, pay a setup fee, and pay per lead (using lead loosely)
    So pay to play and there is no guarantee you won’t have some tire kicker that just wants to talk about doing something.

hort101 and Clover Leaf like this.
  7. Bunton Guy

Bunton Guy LawnSite Silver Member

We would show up to estimates from leads generated by home advisor, just to find out we are one of 2-5 people giving them an estimate at the same time .

hort101 and Clover Leaf like this.
  8. tdoeizreal

tdoeizreal LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Midwest

You will have the kickers. You will get leads that never answer the phone. But you will also geth good leads that turn into good clients. It's a numbers game. You have to give it time, track all your leads, track your lead costs, and sales, and try your hardest to get every lead a bid. If your not willing to work it long term, it won't work for you.

hort101, wbw and Clover Leaf like this.
  9. Clover Leaf

Clover Leaf LawnSite Member

Thanks everyone!

10. wbw

wbw LawnSite Fanatic

When I first started I WORKED HomeAdvisor the way you are supposed to Work it. I made money. It was not easy but it worked. You have to respond immediately. You have to accept the fact that 1/2 of the leads are lousy and know that you can make your money from the other 1/2. You have to have enough confidence in yourself to bid against 2 other people.

hort101, Clover Leaf and tdoeizreal like this.