Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was watching on one of the major newschannels this morning and they said home depot's in california will start having muster zones for mexican workers. this way people can get what they need at home depot and the workers to help them out if they need........

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
Originally posted by AintNoFun
i was watching on one of the major newschannels this morning and they said home depot's in california will start having muster zones for mexican workers. this way people can get what they need at home depot and the workers to help them out if they need........
sorry im not sure what your saying....explain.

·
Registered
765 Posts
proenterprises, i believe a muster zones are areas where mexican workers wait for people looking for cheap labor, to work for them for the day.

·
Banned
303 Posts
You know going down to some parking lot and picking up a total stranger [or gang of strangers], and taking them out to your home in the burbs, for day labor, is a real , real risky thing to do.

What's the difference in risk between doing that - and picking up a hitch hiker ? Only difference I see is that you are giving the stranger access to your HOME and your FAMILY - I think I'll pass !

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Have you guys ever worked with any of those guys? They are not all mexican and some do work hard. They just want to make a living. If you don't like it or can't trust them, then don't pick em up. Many of them are abused by landscapers. Now i admit I wouldn't leave one of them at my place or any ones place alone because obviously they don't have papers and you have no way of tracing them down if they did do something bad but most of them don't want to get deported and just want to send money home to feed their family and make a way for their families to come here also.
Now i also know most of the scrubs are latin but there are legal ways to deal with them.
Too many people want to bad mouth some one before getting to know them. This is America land of the free. Remember?

·
Banned
4,898 Posts
Originally posted by Playboy
Have you guys ever worked with any of those guys? They are not all mexican and some do work hard. They just want to make a living. If you don't like it or can't trust them, then don't pick em up. Many of them are abused by landscapers. Now i admit I wouldn't leave one of them at my place or any ones place alone because obviously they don't have papers and you have no way of tracing them down if they did do something bad but most of them don't want to get deported and just want to send money home to feed their family and make a way for their families to come here also.
Now i also know most of the scrubs are latin but there are legal ways to deal with them.
Too many people want to bad mouth some one before getting to know them. This is America land of the free. Remember?

Well when you loose a bunch of your accounts to a few of them working for just enough $$$ to send home don't complain. America land of the free and & cheap & illegal

Mac

·
Banned
4,898 Posts
Originally posted by Evan528
wow, In this area there are alot of Mexican guys but all of them are employees. Dont know of a single mexican owed landscape business around.
They don't own a "business they own a pick up and a mower" some of the bigger operations have 2 trucks and a couple shovels and a wheel barrow.:D

Mac

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
So let me get this right. Home Depot is aiding and contributing in the commission of an illegal act? Wonderful, only in the land of fruits and nuts. I have never like Wal Mart but now I have another big company to hate.

·
Registered
765 Posts
whoa i never said anyone one was'nt hard working, i believe mexian people are some of the hardest working people i know, i was just saying what a muster zone was. sorry to everyone who hates Home Depot, I LOVE IT! could'nt go a week without one, BUT i do support my local dealers, retal place, and other small businesses also, they seem to take care of the contractors better

·
Registered
82 Posts
Originally posted by nelbuts
So let me get this right. Home Depot is aiding and contributing in the commission of an illegal act? Wonderful, only in the land of fruits and nuts...
I can't believe Home Depots lawyers let them do this. If anything bad happens on the homeowners property - and you just know that these 'day laborers' have no insurance/workers comp - then the homeowner is liable. And you just know that the could turn around and sue HD.
Sounds like another dumbass idea to me.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Next time you need to do an install or something buy your stuff from HD then pick up a Mexican to help you install it for minimum wage. What's the difference? Whatch your profit skyrocket. :D

·
Registered
188 Posts
The one and only time I hired a hispanic was about a month ago when I needed help building a storage shed. Half way through the morning I had to run to the store to get more supplys. when I got back both the mexican and all the lumber was gone. I immediatly called the cops. They caught the guy returning all the stuff to homedepot to get instore credit. Turns out I'm not the first person he has screwed. Its real risky hiring them!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.