Home Weather Stations

Richard Martin

LawnSite Fanatic
Does anybody have a home weather station? I have a Radio Shack WX200 hooked up to my comp 24/7. I use it mostly to track historical weather trends and to compare previous years weather/company sales to present year. It can also be usefull to forecast my local weather since in my area a difference of 10 miles can make all the difference in the world.

Charles

Moderator, Friend, Angel
I have about 10 different radars from different weather web sites.I check some of those before I go to bed and when I get up in the morning. I need on of those new emergency weather boxes to wake me up in case of severe weather like a tornado etc. Also fun web sites are those storm chaser links. Plenty of pics of severe weather and stories of the days and past chases.

Jason

LawnSite Senior Member
When i used to farm we had a DTN setup. It had up to the minute local radar which was very helpful. Especially during spraying season.

Toroguy

LawnSite Bronze Member
When Im in the field I tune to AM and adjust the tuner away from a strong frequency, so I can here alternator whine, then I listen for lightning static. If I hear alot I go home.<p>Radar web sites very helpful...weatherman never details the radar when giving forecast.<p>I use a Target rain guage