Homemade Boom Sprayer for Zero Turn

Twoods196

LawnSite Member
So this past week I got to work on my boom I been wanting to make for my BadBoy. Figured I would post up a few pics an answer some questionsif interested in building your own. I got around 40 bucks invested into it. The Tank we had already and the pump for the tank I salvaged from a old sprayer with busted tank. I also found out that the wing makes a perfec spot to hold a 15 gallon Tank!! Got the UniStrut for free from a friend, just had to buy hose and tips. Works wonderful, I used hand knob bolts to fasten to the back so I can quickly remove it if I need to. I got them from a old swing my mom had that had a canopy on it, you loosened them to adust the angle of the canopy, but the canopy was destroyed years ago an they just happen to be green like the unistrut was (might eventually paint black or orange?) Anyways to the pics:

I have a full how to on my badboy-forums not sure if im allowed to post outside links though.

OP
T

Twoods196

LawnSite Member
Also wanted to add tat you might notice that my wing is futher back then most. Thats because I have a ROPS an it blocks the original holes where it bolted, so I moved it back an remounted so I could use it to hold my tank.

OP
T

Twoods196

LawnSite Member
Nice, I bet with 12' can spray a good size yrd in no time. I was thinking about making the boom bigger but, the pump I had is MAX 60psi an I honestly dont think its getting close to 60psi but figured if I went to big it wouldnt fan out far enough. Plus I would prob break it on a tree in no time lol

Capemay Eagle

LawnSite Bronze Member
Now when those guys say, what good is a wing on a ZTR, show em!

Snyder's Lawn Inc

LawnSite Platinum Member
Nice, I bet with 12' can spray a good size yrd in no time. I was thinking about making the boom bigger but, the pump I had is MAX 60psi an I honestly dont think its getting close to 60psi but figured if I went to big it wouldnt fan out far enough. Plus I would prob break it on a tree in no time lol
I have 80psi pump With boom on I can hold at 40psi I spray at 10psi
Yes I can spray big lawn pretty fast
Open areas I do acre on a 30 gal tank

I have boom on front easyer to watch
30gals on back makes front end light since I dont have the deck on I mounted in place of deck 2 100lb tractor weights
I'll take pics of it show them to you