1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Homemade stump grinder guard?

Discussion in 'Tree Service Equipment' started by Guest, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

This gaurd looks stronger than the one we purchased a couple years ago. I took the thing out on the first job and bent feet trying to set it up. This thing was something like $270 or something, we tried to get new parts from the manufacturer but they were a little dodgie. We ended up pitching it and making up our own systems.
    The plywood leaned against a pointed shovel works great, we even carry a fence post when we know we will need it.
    I like a 4' - 6' metal bar (rebar even) with a hook on top, and a mesh tarp. Much lighter than the plywood and sets up fast. Just gotta put the gromits over the hook and instant wall. Cheap too, wish I had a picture of it set up.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm thinking of making a stump grinder guard like Sherrill tree's tri-guard;
    http://www.sherrilltree.com/Profess...-Accessories/Tri-Guard-System-by-SherrillTree
    It seems like it would lessen the cleanup, protect property,and improve safety, but it seems over-priced. I think three pieces of panted plywood with safety stripes would work just as well....

Any input, opinions, or pictures would be appreciated!

Thanks!
    Tyler