1. Can’t make it to the GIE+EXPO 2017?
    LawnSite brings the trade show floor to your fingertips with our new GIE+EXPO 2017 Sneak Peek video series debuting now in the Lawn Mowing forum.

Dismiss Notice

Homeowners being so RUDE

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ChadsLawn, May 14, 2001.

1. ChadsLawn

ChadsLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I was out this past weekend tapeing flyers to mailboxes.I went into this small sub division (1street).I got to the very last house and even before i could get the flyer taped to the mail box,the homeowner came out "Dont put that s%^t on my mail box.I already have a lawn service".So i got out and walked the flyer and a business card to the man and i said"just incase you want to find another lawn service heres my card and a flyer".He said "WHAT THE F%$K DID I JUST TELL YOU?,i already have a lawn service now get the F^&k off my lawn".
    At this point I was disrespected and pissed.So i calmed down and asked who cuts this beautiful lawn?.(this lawn has weeds taller then the hedges in the flower beds)He said none of your damn business.So I snatched my card and flyer from him as i turned around I let off a huge FART. Ive never seen a person as rude as he was laugh so dam hard.
    Guess what because of my hellasious fart,I now mow his yard for $130 a month..Now he wants me to go out for a beer with him some time and do beer farts..
    What a turn out HUH???

2. scottb

scottb LawnSite Senior Member

And I thought word of mouth was the best way to pick up new business.
    Congrats.

3. cst51

cst51 LawnSite Member

Sometimes you have to speak a language the customer understands!!!!

4. jjfehr

jjfehr LawnSite Member

You are an inspiration to us all! I have a few opening in my schedule and am having a hard time filling it so I just went out and did just that. I waited for mr x to answer the door, when he did I just pointed my a## towards him and farted as hard as I could, I did this at fifteen houses before I finally s#@t my pants. Thanks! results for today....No new customers and 1 pair of sh#@@y undies!
    Just kidding!

5. TJLC

TJLC LawnSite Bronze Member

This is probally one of the funniest, and strangest threads I think I have read so far. LOL LOL LOL

6. Eric ELM

Eric ELM Husband, Father, Friend, Angel

LMAO: You win the funniest post award for today for sure. :D

7. CSRA Landscaping

CSRA Landscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

Chad, you got a better attitude than I do. I'd have prob. told him to get lost, after that.

8. Fine Lines Lawn

Fine Lines Lawn LawnSite Senior Member

LMAO:D

That was hilarious!

9. MJ

MJ LawnSite Senior Member

ChadsLawn - Are you going to start developing a training program for selling your service?

Mick

10. Mike (MLC)

Mike (MLC) LawnSite Member

Well that is a strange and different approach to getting a new client. But it looks like it was the best approach for you. :alien: