1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Catch up on the conversation with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns in the Franchising forum plus sign up to receive a FREE eBook on how to grow your landscape business.

Dismiss Notice

Homesteader Hercules enclosed trailer

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by nswc101, Apr 17, 2010.

1. nswc101

nswc101 LawnSite Member

Im going to look at a used 8.5'x20' Homesteader Hercules enclosed trailer. The guy wants 4200 for it, Ive been looking them up online and was wondering if that was high/low or just right. As far as I know there are no racks. The trailer has a couple small dings from work. All lights and breaks work. Anybody used these before? what kind of quality are they? I have an american hauler 16' enclosed that we have had good luck with. Whatcha guys think?

2. xclusive

xclusive LawnSite Bronze Member

I have a Homesteader Hercules 8.5x18 myself and love it. I bought it brand new for $5800 before tax and all the additional stuff I got. So I would say that is a good price depending on what year it is.

3. nswc101

nswc101 LawnSite Member

Ended up buying it, it had a new axle, aluminum wheels, a full diamond plate steel floor and some rackem blower racks, trimmer racks and and tool racks. Tried to get it for 3500 but he wouldnt go past $3900. Just had to wash it and buff out some of the usual scratches. looks like it will work well for us.