Lawn Care Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Banned
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok, u guys read my thread titled "homey dont pay that". well, homey is goin to court with me in a few weeks, but in the meantime, dig this: homey is located next door to another one of my customers. today, while cutting the nieghbor, another neighbor came over and inquired about service. homey just happened to pull in his driveway and see me talkin to neighbor. when i got done, i had a new customer. i went back to my mowing. homey went over and talked to customer. 5 min later, new customer came walking over, he said he changed his mind. apparently, homey was bad mouthin me, and cost me the job. so i advised him that homey is a piece of malarky, and dont pay his bills. then, i told the guy to give me back my business card, he is not worth the nickle it cost me to have it printed. do u believe this cr*p. homey beats me out of money, and then proceeds to cost me business.

· Registered
3,684 Posts
Sounds like slander to me. Nail the -------. When you get done you'll be living in his house and having him mow your lawn.

· Banned
1,818 Posts
Awe man Bobby.

You have no proof. And it would your word against his. And the new ex customer can say he never talked with you. Though I think that was cheap of that guy to hire you and then fire you. He can't make up his own mind. He needs the low life to make his decisions.

Have you spoken with the account that you do?

You may want to talk to them about the incident. And play it up that your going into this full time, yadda, yadda, yadda and see if they can talk with the new ex customer and maybe they go with the original decision.

· Registered
11,794 Posts
Write it off bobby. Of course homey bad-mouthed you. But how can you prove it and what is it worth? Move on and continue to providing high quality work...that will speak for itself more than just words.

My 2 cents FWIW...BTW, good luck in court.

· Banned
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanx, ill let u know what happens. the clerk told me, this happens alot, and his dumbest mistake was, itemising on the check, what the payment was for, which in her opinion, proved that the work WAS completed. the check was dated, 8-1-03. the itmised work was for june, and early july i think

· Registered
500 Posts
So if the new cust. is willing to listen to that A--H--e, he might be just like him, and who want to have another customer like that???

No loss.......

· Registered
988 Posts
Bobby if he is going around bad mouthing you. Sue him for "Defimation of character" . I will be seeing a silly women in court in two weeks for the same reasons. She wasn't paying (4 out standing invoices) and was making out like it was my problem that her lawns wern't cut. I mean I was being the nice guy because I cut 3 times for her arfter the first bill wasn't paid because she was waiting for some cash to come through (trusted her because she was driving a new 7 series Beemer). Anyway a couple of annoyed words were said and the next thing I know is I am lossing accounts because this cows making crap up about me. Talked to my solicitor and he told me I have got a very good case to sue for defermation of charater and experianced losses.
Now I heard that she is in heaps of debt with a lot of people. So she will be trading the 7 series for a Datsun Stanza in a couple of weeks. HA HA

· Banned
1,818 Posts
I have a similar incident years back.

had a customer that paid on time, no worries.

Did a fungicide application. 5 days later I get a call from them. All this hoopla that my application killed their dog. End of service.

2 weeks later I am contacted by their attorney. Law suite for $5k. Oh no problem. We went to court months later. Now I had misteriously lost other customers near their home.

Had the Veterinarian in court with the file of the dog. Dog was 15 years old. Series of old age ailements and was operated on for cancer 15 or so months before it died. Dog died cause the cancer returned but more so the dog outlived it expectency. Judge dropped the case and had them pay for my attorney.

We served a counter suite for Slander regarding the lose of additional accounts. Went to court months later. Brought everyone into court. Apparently 2 of the customers I lost were mad that they let me go but were doing what the others did. Both told the Judge that the people with the dead dog set out to get all around them to drop my service and all the other neighbors not to hire me. Our law suite at the time was for 30 homes and the potential income over 10 years. In the area of $400k +

I won the case with a settlement of a little less than half. They paid about 15% of the settlement in a little more than 2 years + the attorney fee to collect. They went bankrupt. Lost the house to the bank. And after that we only collect an additional $5k in 8 years. The women has since died and the man is in a nursing home, that his children now have to pay for. For all I know now he must have passed on a few years back.

And these people lived in nice area upper middle class and traveled, went out to dinner all the time, real nice places. Both had Mercedes. Lived beyond their means and didn't realize that a legal business has the right to fight back.

· Banned
9,111 Posts
its called defamation of character...nice lawsuit involved in it. After you take him to court for the money thing, then take him to court for the D of C.

· Banned
9,111 Posts
Originally posted by GLAN
I have a similar incident years back.

had a customer that paid on time, no worries.

Did a fungicide application. 5 days later I get a call from them. All this hoopla that my application killed their dog. End of service.

2 weeks later I am contacted by their attorney. Law suite for $5k. Oh no problem. We went to court months later. Now I had misteriously lost other customers near their home.

Had the Veterinarian in court with the file of the dog. Dog was 15 years old. Series of old age ailements and was operated on for cancer 15 or so months before it died. Dog died cause the cancer returned but more so the dog outlived it expectency. Judge dropped the case and had them pay for my attorney.

We served a counter suite for Slander regarding the lose of additional accounts. Went to court months later. Brought everyone into court. Apparently 2 of the customers I lost were mad that they let me go but were doing what the others did. Both told the Judge that the people with the dead dog set out to get all around them to drop my service and all the other neighbors not to hire me. Our law suite at the time was for 30 homes and the potential income over 10 years. In the area of $400k +

I won the case with a settlement of a little less than half. They paid about 15% of the settlement in a little more than 2 years + the attorney fee to collect. They went bankrupt. Lost the house to the bank. And after that we only collect an additional $5k in 8 years. The women has since died and the man is in a nursing home, that his children now have to pay for. For all I know now he must have passed on a few years back.

And these people lived in nice area upper middle class and traveled, went out to dinner all the time, real nice places. Both had Mercedes. Lived beyond their means and didn't realize that a legal business has the right to fight back.
that story would make for a great movie:D

· Banned
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nope , i aint doin any homey no more. and btw, people who are subpenad, do not HAVE to tell the truth. been there done that , the little "under aoth " thing does not make people tell the truth.

· Banned
13,648 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
wrong, people are not people. there are certain groups, who, as a whole, continue to hold thier kind down. its their own fault that whatever happened to them happened.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.